Museum exhibit /Building of the former headquarters of a prisoner-of-war camp. Photograph.
A building in Anzhero-Suzhdensk (3rd Prokop’evskii Lane) which housed the headquarters of the camp division No.11 of Camp No.503 of the Administration of the NKVD-MVD Department for the affairs of prisoners-of-war and internees [OPV UNKVD-UMVD] for German and Japanese prisoners of war in the years 1944-1949. The photograph is kept in the Anzhero-Sudzhensk Municipal Local History Museum. (Photograph: beginning of the 1990s). 
 
 
 
 
Date of acquisitionBeginning of the 1990s, Anzhero-Sudzhensk town, Kemerovo oblast'
 
Thematic indexThe Camps
 
Thematic indexThe Camps/
 
Thematic indexLife in Captivity/
 
Thematic indexThe Camps/
 
MaterialsPhotographic paper
 
Description of exhibitA colour image of a single-storey brick house with a pitched roof and a small triangular pediment above the entrance. There are three windows on either side of the entrance: one on the left and two on the right. The building is covered in white stucco, which is peeling off in places. There is a square loft-window in the front wall of the pediment. There are traces of the inscription “Workers of the World Unite!” in red paint on the surface of the pediment. There is a low board fence on the left-hand side of the building.
 
State of preservationundamaged
 
Detailed annotationThe photograph shows the building in the 3rd Prokop’evskii Lane, which housed the headquarters of the camp division No.11 of Camp No.503 of the Administration of the NKVD-MVD Department for the affairs of prisoners-of-war and internees [OPV UNKVD-UMVD] (a camp for German and Japanese prisoners-of-war) in the years 1944-1949.
Photo early 1990s, provided by Museum staff.
 
Web page?Yes
 
 
Museum exhibit /Building of the former headquarters of a prisoner-of-war camp. Photograph.