Museum exhibit /Cable bus for an electric cable
A cable bus for an electric cable. 1940s. Used for laying electricity cables in premises belonging to the lime factory in the Dzhintui Camp, part of PechorLag (Komi ASSR). The Camp Section was in existence from 1939 to 1957. The main form of work was mining of limestone for the production of lime. The cable-bus was found by N.A. Baranov on the territory of the former Camp in May, 2006, and given to the Inta Local History Museum (Komi Republic). (Photograph March, 2011). 
 
 
 
 
Registration number in museum acquisition book КP 4183/4
 
Creator of collectionN.A. Baranov
 
Date of acquisition12.11.2007
 
Date and place of creation1940s. Dzhintui Camp Section, Pechorlag (Komi ASSR).
 
Years and places of existence in subject-related function1940s-1950s. Dzhintui Camp Section, Pechorlag (Komi ASSR).
 
Size7x32 cm
 
Materials
 
Materials
 
Description of exhibitA cable-bus for laying internal electrical cables, with four ceramic rollers for fastening the leads. Primitively made. It consisted of a narrow metal strip with bent-back tenons and with openings for fastening onto the wall. The rollers were fixed using nails that have been riveted onto the reverse side of the strip. It was used for laying electrical circuits in premises belonging to the lime-works at Dzhintui Camp.
 
State of preservationCorrosion and soiling
 
Detailed annotationCable-bus for electrical cables. 1940s. Primitively made. The rollers were fixed using nails that have been riveted onto the reverse side of the strip. It was used for laying electrical circuits in premises belonging to the lime-works at Dzhintui Camp Section, part of PechorLag (Komi ASSR).
The Dzhintui Camp Section, part of the PechorLag, existed from 1939-1957 (according to other sources, until 1954). The main type of work was the extraction of limestone for the production of lime, strictly speaking for the production of lime (by firing in ovens), and also the construction of the Northern Railway. One of the two columns of the Camp Section (No.1) was penal, and it was where the most dangerous recidivists were kept, who were not normally taken out to work. After a change of the governing body in the Camp Section, they took the prisoners of the First Column out to work wearing manacles.
The Prisoners in Column No.2 worked in two shifts (day and night shifts) in the quarry and also in the lime-works. The accommodation zone of the Camp Section was located in a low-lying area bordering the quarry. 700-800 men were kept here until the end of the 1940s and the beginning of the 1950s. Nearby were four barracks for the guards. A settlement of the same name – for civilian workers – was located 2km from the station, near the camp bakery, a grocery store and the Punishment Isolation Cells. There was no infirmary or cemetery for the prisoners in the Zone. A cemetery for civilian workers was on the bank of the River Iz''iaiu (formerly the Dzhintui). The Camp Section was closed in 1957 and the lime-works in 1962.
The cable bus was found by N.A. Baranov on the territory of the former Camp in May, 2006 and given to the Inta Local History Museum (Komi Republic).
 
PersonsBaranov Nikolai A., creator of the collection
 
Web page?Yes
 
 
Museum exhibit /Cable bus for an electric cable