1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Image
Caption
Stamp with the inscription “OGPU B.B.L. [BelBaltLag]. 1930s. The stamp was used for marking items produced by the garment industry in Vegeraksha. It was found during earth works by a person living in Kem’ (Karelian Republic) and was given to the Kem’ Municipal Local History Museum “Pomor’e” in 1991...
 
Summary article
A stamp with the inscription “OGPU B.B.L. [BelBaltLag][The OGPU White Sea-Baltic Camp]. 1930s. The stamp was used for marking packaging (sacks, bales and boxes) with items produced by the garment industry in Vegeraksha – one of the divisions of the BelBaltLag. It was found during earth works by a person...

Museums

Museum
Kem’ Municipal Local History Museum “Pomor’e”
 
Connection?
holding place
Web page?
Image
Caption
Leather tobacco pouch. From the period between 1948 and 1954. It belonged to the political prisoner Romualdas Prekeris (born 1924) in the StepLag, and then when he was in exile in Balkhash (Karaganda oblast’). It is kept in the Museum of Exile and Resistance (Kaunas, Lithuanian Republic).
 
Summary article
A leather home-made tobacco pouch. From the period between 1948 and 1954. It belonged to the political prisoner Romualdas Prekeris (born 1924) in the StepLag, and then when he was in exile in Balkhash (Karaganda oblast’). It is kept in the Museum of Exile and Resistance (Kaunas, Lithuanian Republic...

Museums

Museum
Museum of Exile and Resistance / Tremties ir rezistencijos muziejus
 
Connection?
holding place
Web page?
Image
Caption
A wheel from a wheelbarrow with a single wheel, used by prisoners during the construction of the White Sea-Baltic Canal (1931-1933). It was raised from the bottom of the canal in the area of Locks Nos. 10 and 11 in 2004, during work on the temporary draining of part of the canal for repairs and reconstruction...
 
Summary article
A wheel from a wheelbarrow with a single wheel which was used by prisoners during the construction of the White Sea-Baltic Canal (1931-1933). It was found in 2004 at the bottom of the canal, in the area of Locks Nos.10 and 11 during repair and restoration work. It is on permanent exhibition in the Segezha...

Museums

Museum
Segezha Municipal Museum Centre
 
Connection?
holding place
Web page?
Image
Caption
The USSR coat of arms was an element in the display on show in the camp club of the UkhtPechLag (Ukhta Settlement, Komi ASSR). 1940s and 1950s. “Perm’-36” Memorial Museum of the History of Political Repression. (Photograph: 23.05.2005).
 
Summary article
The USSR coat of arms was an element in the display on show in the camp club of the UkhtPechLag (Ukhta Settlement, Komi ASSR). 1940s and 1950s. It is kept in the “Perm’-36” Memorial Museum of the History of Political Repression. It was given to the Museum by a representative of the Ukhta-Pechora “Memorial”...

Museums

Museum
“Perm-36” Memorial Museum of the History of Political Repression
 
Connection?
holding place
Image
Caption
Home-made coat hanger. 1940s-1950s, USVITL (Administration of the North East Corrective Labour Camps). Found in 2006 during an expedition on the territory of the Verkhnii Kanion (Upper Canyon) (Srednekansk Region of Magadan oblast'), a former sub-section of the Administration of the USVITL. State Museum...
 
Summary article
Home-made coat hanger. 1940s-1950s, USVITL (Administration of the North East Corrective Labour Camps). Found in 2006 on the territory of the Verkhnii Kanion (Upper Canyon) (Srednekansk Region of Magadan oblast'), a former sub-section of the Administration of the USVITL, during an expedition organized...

Museums

Museum
State Museum of the History of the Gulag
 
Connection?
holding place
Web page?
 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8